Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Recipe Review- Betty Crocker Chicken Cupcakes

Tonight we tried this recipe from the Betty Crocker website.
They call it "Impossibly Easy Mini Thai Chicken Pies" but we called them Chicken Cupcakes.
I made two versions, one with the Thai curry sauce and one without. Needless to say, the hubs was the only one that ate the curry sauce.

Their Pie Picture. Pretty, huh?
These weren't too bad. I cheated and used a rotisserie chicken from Kroger and added mushrooms because I thought I could cut them up small and sneak them in. It worked. Kids didn't even wrinkle a nose at them.

My version came out looking like this:

So, I'm thinking these might be really good for a party situation or an on-the-go kind of need. They worked really well for dinner. We also had some side veggies and a salad and overall it was pretty decent.

Burnt Salad Snapshot:
Difficulty: Not bad considering the title advertised as "Impossibly Easy". The site also has a lot of other varieties of this that includes a lot of different ingredients and meats. Click Here

What I Screwed Up: Not too much. The paper cups were cheap-o's and they got a little sticky. During clean up I put them in the trash and the dog ate them whole. So paws up from the dog. Note to self . . .dog doesn't need to ask twice to be let out tomorrow.

Second Chance: Sure. It was really quick and easy with the rotisserie chicken and made a good meal with the veggies. I'd try the other varieties as well.

Family Quotes: Nothing block buster here. Lots of chewing and nodding. That's a good sign, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment